About Shahjahanpur City

  • Shahjahanpur district is spread over an area of 4575 sq.meters and it has an agricultural dominance.
  • Geographical location of the district is South East of Rohilkhand Division and at 27.54 N latitude and 79.57 E latitude.
  • The other adjoining districts are Lakhimpur, Hardoi, Farrukhabad, Bareilly , Badaun and Pilibhit.
  • This district was established in 1813 by Diler Khan and Bahadur Khan who were the sons of Dariya Khan, a soldier of Mughal Emperor Jahangir's army.
  • Both brothers possessed a dignified position during Shahjahan's reign.
  • Shahjahan gifted 14 villages to Diler Khan as a reward of his sincere and whole hearted services.
  • Diler Khan constructed a fort in Naihar Khera Village, situated on Rivers Garrah and Khannaut.
  • Tilhar, well known as Teer Kamal Nagar, established by Rajput Trilok Chandra, is the oldest town of the district.
  • Khan, Nazim of Hafiz Rehmat Ali Khan built a fort in village Mansurpura near Tilhar.
  • Ramganga, Garrah and Gomti are the main rivers of the district. Jalalabad tehsil is mostly affected by flood.
  • Major crops of the district are wheat, gram, millet and potato.